I had to take my car in to get the oil changed and with that I apparently had to also get some filters changed. I still have one more to change but I didn’t feel like spending my entire “live on this” budget. I’d already spent more than enough… so I was kind of bummed when I came home.
Until I walked into the kitchen and saw the wonderful hot pink envelope of JOY! Ipsy did a good job, as always, and I’m excited to use this stuff. Especially the mineral make up (which is the most fab color of purple ever!) I’m really glad that I decided to keep this luxury. Thanks Ipsy!
I’d also like to point out that I’ve joined a little blogging project. We’re just starting out but from what I’ve heard there are some interesting stories coming soon. Mine may not be as interesting as some of the others that I’ve already heard, but that’s why I’m doing this dating thing, right? LIFE experience! So I invite you to check us out at the Secret Lives of Chicago Singles … and if you like what you see, by all means pleas share. (^_~)
This month’s ipsy and Birchbox collection… pretty excited about the make up! I’ve also decided to cancel my Birchbox subscription until further notice. I figured if I was going to be getting goodies in the mail they might as well be full sized goodies! 😉
June boxes!! I’ve decided that this monthly investment is totally worth it! Yea some of the items are meh (like the little box of mints in the birchbox, really?) but usually I’m very pleased with what I get. If you’re into makeup and whatnot, I definitely recommend getting this. I’m starting to see more and more of these companies, just the other day I saw one for dogs! I guess I should start looking for the cat version and get the kitties something too!
You can also go here for some personal reviews and suggestions for other boxes.
I’m a little late on this post but I just received June’s Birchbox/Ipsy and remembered that I’d missed May!!
Top: May Ipsy
Yaby Concealer Refill
– Going to be honest I haven’t used this product yet, I haven’t used concealer since I started using BareMinerals products.
Zoya Nail Polish – Jacqueline
– This color was too pale for my skin tone, it’s a pretty color but it just didn’t work for me. I did however, like how the color changed depending on the number of coats you used. I think I will try this in a different color.
Pacifica Roll on Perfume- Tahitian Garden
– It’s a pertty scent, but it reminded me of something an older woman would wear. I thought it was a bit muskier than I’d prefer. Lately I’ve been more into the softer, sweeter scents.
Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss – Champagne
– Love, Love, Looooved this. I’m not generally a gloss girl, I find that they tend to be sticky and just uncomfortable to wear, but this gloss… oh man. I will definitely be buying this product. It’s very smooth, and not sticky at all, that and it has a slight flavor/scent to it that is just wonderful. Truly amazing.
Pacifica Luminizing Body Butter – Coconut Crush
-I’ll be using this product sparingly, I didn’t realize that there were little bits of glitter in it, although I should have known better considing it’s “luminizing”. Loved the scent though and it was also a very smooth product. Definitely not a “put on before bed” lotion… I’ll probably carry this around with me during the summer for a bit more ‘shine’.
Bottom: May Birchbox
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle
– This works very well… I’m going to be honest here and say that I don’t wash my hair every day, don’t really need to because I don’t use any products in it, except for the occasional spritz of hair spray. But because I have relatively long hair sometimes it does get a bit knotted at the ends. So I really liked this detangler, and a plus… it smells really nice.
LAFACE Labratories PROTÉGÉR Age Defying Primer
– I actually just ran out of my normal primer when I received this box, so it was good that this was included. I’ve noticed that it feels a bit thick on the skin, not at all like my regular primer. It’s almost as if I have a whole other layer of skin on my face and it feels a bit heavy. Other than that, I’m not fond of the way that it smells.
FusionBeauty LipFusion Infatuation Lip Fattener
– This was another ‘gloss’ that I do like, they must have gotten better within the last couple of years because I don’t remember gloss being this good!!
CoTZ Face Natrural Skin Tone SPF 40
Getting better at this, hey hey!
I know that it’s only Monday, but I’m ready for the weekend!
I’ve joined the world of beauty boxes… starting with April’s Birchbox. It was a nice surprise to come home to, not going to lie. I’m excited for the products, and the plus side, boxes and things!