I’m not entirely sure where it came from but I had a huge craving for cheddar broccoli soup. So I did what I normally do in situations like this… I consulted Pinterest! Lucky I didn’t have to really look because I already had it pinned on one of boards. I used this recipe as a guide, with a few alterations because I didn’t have everything.
2/3 cups water
2 tablespoons chicken bouillon (powder form)
1 small onion, diced
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 cups milk
1/3 bag shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
3 cups chopped broccoli
1) mixed water, bullion, onion, garlic, broccoli and cook until vegetables are tender.
2) in soup pan melt the butter and then add the flour. Stir repeatedly and cook a couple of minutes (mixture starts to smell almost nutty when ready.)
3) slowly whisk in the milk, stirring until it starts to thicken.
4) add in the chicken sick and vegetables. Stir until fully incorporated.
5) add in cheese and mix in.
6) season to taste and stir until desired consistency.