How Do I Love Thee? More importantly, how do you love me!
I’ve had some time to think about this one, actually since the gang over at Secret Lives CHI talked about their ‘checklists’. I don’t think I’ve ever really put it into words, but I’ve made some mental notes along the way. I don’t really like having a ‘checklist’ because I think that limits your search, and sometimes what we think we want, isn’t what we need.
So… here we go;
- Must be taller than me, I’m 5’3″ and I’m usually in heels so 5’5″ and up is great. I like being able to look up into my man’s eyes
- Know what you want and have a drive to get it (in career and/or life).
- Be respectful to yourself and of others.
- How you treat those closest to you tells me a lot about how you’ll treat me.
- Have a sense of humor
- Be honest & trustworthy
- Be compassionate
- Know and show empathy towards others
- Must like cats, I’m telling you right now, we will have at least one cat.
- Have similar interests
- Be open-minded
- Know how to dance, or have a willingness to learn or just get out there and dance like no one is watching.
- Be tidy, I’ll cook if you clean 😉
- Know when and what battles to pick. (not just with me, but in all aspects of life, I don’t want a hot head)
- Be financially responsible
- Be health conscious (you don’t have to be a gym rat or a health food nut (please don’t be) but I’m not eating out all of the time and neither should you [insert dirty joke exception here])
- Have a sense of familial values. (I know it’s not possible for everyone to get along, but Family means a LOT to me and they will be in our lives, so if you don’t get along then we won’t get along)
- Know how to kiss. For me there’s no better foreplay then a good make-out session.
And there you have it… now, if only I could find someone who fits all of the above.