Technically my tumblr blog was nominated but since these are now one in the same, I’m saying it here! I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Sux in the City
WTF is a Liebster Award?!
I asked myself the very same questions when I received the notification but SITC explained it to me (and to her blog followers) as such;
“Liebster” roughly refers to something you like in German – and the Liebster Award is a fun way to honor up-and-coming blogs who have less than 200 followers in order to get everyone more engaged and connected. Fun, right?
In order to formally accept the award, the blogger must:
- Recognize the totally fabulous blogger who nominated you!
- Write 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked.
- Nominate new bloggers!
- Write 11 questions of your own for the bloggers you nominate.
So… here we go! To start, here are 11 (completely random) things about myself:
- I know Chicago better than I know the suburbs (where I live mind you and I get lost all the time, even in my own town) and I know St. Louis better than I know Chicago.
- I am a visual person, so when I give directions I use landmarks and whatnot… I am also bad with Cardinal directions… I always say go right/left/ etc.
- I like kids… they’re like puppies, they’re fun to play with for a bit but when I get tired of them or something has to be done with them I give them back to their owner/parent.
- I am in love with the idea of having a significant other and the joy and love that they bring, in romance and companionship… but when it comes right down to it, I’m petrified of spending that much time with one person.
- I have issues with always feeling ‘left out’. I’m needy in the sense that I always have to be around people and feel wanted, I hate hate hate hate being alone.
- The scariest and most thrilling thing I ever did was study abroad. I’d just turned 26 when I went to Spain for 5 months. This was the very first time that I’d ever put myself in a situation where I knew absolutely no one. Still one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
- I don’t like being in overly crowded places, I don’t like the feeling of being lost in a crowd and get nervous about those kinds of situations… oddly enough, I love large scale massives/music fests… o.O
- When I was about 5 years old (or so?) I was dragging my hand against a wooden fence and got a big splinter stuck under my nail. My parents rushed me to the hospital and the doctor had to remove my nail (painful). Because of that I very rarely touch handrails (of any kind) and my nail on my right middle finger grew in differently. This also created a fear of getting things stuck in me.
- More often then not when someones meets me for the first time they either think I’m intimidating or I’m a bitch… I am neither. I am in fact, very shy so it takes me a while to warm up to people. This has led to much shit talking.
- I buy books with the intention of reading them, but often find myself without time. So I have a bookshelf (and boxes) full of books that I have yet to read.
- I can make a full 5 course Thanksgiving dinner, with all the fixin’s, but I can’t boil rice. 😦
And here are answers to Sux in the City‘s questions;
- If you could go back in time and alter a decision you’ve made, what would it be? I would have done better in school, I was definitely one of those kids that didn’t live up to their potential, and I did this mostly out of spite. While I am not in a horrible place and I did eventually graduate from college, I feel like I cheated myself just a bit.
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself, and why? I’m able to relate to just about anything that has happened to you, not in that “I’m trying to one up you” way, but in an empathetic way. This has helped me in many situations throughout my life, and it’s not something I feel a lot of people can do these days.
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be? Europe… anywhere in Europe, whether it be Rome, Paris, Spain, where ever! Not taking into account that there are negatives to these places (because let’s face it we don’t live in a utopia), sometimes I’d rather be abroad than here. I’m not even sure what it is really, but I just haven’t felt the same since I’ve been back, and I’ve been back for 3 years now.
- If you had to select one food to live on for the rest of your life, what would it be? Good Lord, what an awful question to ask of someone who LOVES food. 😉 I started a list for this very purpose, but now that I have to think about it everything on that list escapes me. Let’s go with Pho! With it’s delicious broth and filling noodles, how can you go wrong! Pour a bit of lemon on raw, thinly sliced steak and let it cook in the broth, with a garnish of herbs and a bit of Sriracha, omg my mouth is watering.
- What scares you? Life scares me, in particular the getting older part of life. Not figuring it out, sometimes I think that I’m just getting by and before I realize it my life will be over and I’ll have nothing to show for it. Change happens from within though, right, so here’s to making changes!
- If you were 90 years old looking back at this time in your life, what would you regret, or wish you’d done differently? I would have spend more time with my grandparents. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVED my grandparents, with all my heart, hell they practically raised me and had a hand in who I’ve become. But as I grew older I didn’t make enough time for them and I fully regret that, even though they were both sick I was not at all prepared for their deaths.
- What is your biggest dream? I’ve always had it in my head that I’d either like to start my own catering business or a restaurant. I find more enjoyment in making food for others than anything else. There’s nothing like seeing people with a belly full of happiness.
- If you could swap lives with anyone for 24 hours, who would you choose? Probably someone who has the life that I think I should currently have.
- Who’s your favorite person on earth? I don’t have one, but 3… this is going to be so cliché, but it’s totally my mom, and my two brothers.
- If you had the power to change one thing about the world (circumstances, behaviors of people, etc), what would you change? Where to even begin on this one, it’s hard to choose just ONE thing as there is so much in the world that needs to be changed. I suppose I’d start with people, the world is ever changing and sometimes the mentality of society doesn’t catch up. The fact that we fight, and kill, and judge, and persecute those who are different or less fortunate is awful. Where’s the love man?
- Does your milkshake bring all the boys to the yard?. You bet your ass it does!
Now, for the nominations !
2. Mexican Food Porn
3. Calument 412
5. The Savvy Brunette
6. Life looks better in Red
7. Vodka and Cupcakes
8. It’s my fault for having morals
9. Loryn exposed
10. Becoming cliche
11. Laments and Lullabies
And for my questions to these splendid bloggers:
- If you won ridiculous amounts on the lottery, what would you do with it?
- What are your guilty pleasures?
- What are your 3 favourite traits in a person?
- What kind of things make you happy?
- If you had to pick one cause to champion for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Food heaven and food hell?
- If you had children, what would you call them? If you do have children, what are their names and why did you choose them?
- If you were granted one wish, the effects of which would last for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- Your favourite book? Sell it to me!
- The best dessert you have ever had?
- Where in the world would you most like to visit?
That. Was. Difficult.