The only problem is that you can’t go back and try it again, well not technically, I suppose you could try things over again if you really wanted to. Something happened recently and it’s been on my mind all day, I may not be old but I’ve gone through certain experiences in my life that have made me a little bit wiser.
Life really is like a Create Your Own Adventure book, you’re presented with scenarios and you can choose to go with either Option A or Option B (sometimes there are more options but that usually just makes things more complicated). But it’s up to YOU to choose what might be the best option, and how you react or adapt to it that effects how your life turns out. So if at some point you feel that you’ve made a wrong turn or that your life is ‘ruined’ you really have no one to blame but yourself. While people can have an influence on you and your decisions, ultimately it’s on you because you are the one who made the choice and acted on it. And if you try to place blame onto others for your outcome, then you’re a coward. You’re unwilling to admit that YOU are the one who made the wrong choice… so choose wisely next time.
Other random thoughts about life:
- Always pick up after yourself.
- Always treat others the way that you would want to be treated.
- If you get a girl pregnant be responsible about it, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re obligated to marry the girl. While it’s good to have a dad around, it’s better to have a dad that WANTS to be around. Otherwise it would just leave to resentment, anger and possibly hate.
- If you’re presented with an issue, FACE IT, ignoring it won’t make it go away. Actually, ignoring it will only make it worse.
- When in a fight, never throw the first punch.
- Choose your battles wisely, sometimes it’s better to just walk away (but again, don’t ignore it, it’s better to walk away while things are heated and wait for a moment when all parties have had a chance to calm down).
- Don’t argue with a drunk person.
- Always say “please” and “thank you”.
- Be courteous and considerate of others, the world doesn’t (nor should it) revolve around you.
- Be honest, but don’t be cruel. Words are very powerful things and once they’re said they can’t be taken back.
- Love whole heartily, but be mindful of who you love.
- If you don’t want someone to find something, don’t put it where they will find it.
And that’s all I have for now…