There seemed to have been a theme this week, that theme is Alcohol. I’m not really a social person in the office but I found myself having multiple conversations this week that involved drinking & alcohol. Some of those conversations were with people I’d never spoken to before, so be proud friends I’ve broken bits of my shell!! So after this week, I have come to a few conclusions…
- Soaking gummy bears in juice or water makes them big and juicy, does the same apply if you soak them in alcohol?! I may have to experiment with this idea and possible serve this instead of jello shots!
- Along the same lines, what if you put dried fruit in alcohol, would that also end in the same result? I think this would work better because I’d imagine the gummy bears melting into nothing.
- I didn’t realize people my age still went on weekend long drinking binges, I’m somewhat impressed by this. I’ve attempted to drink two days in a row (not even heavy drinking) but usually it just ends with me being stone sober the second day (despite how much I might drink).
- My office is stocked with Alcohol advertisements and every couple of weeks there is a swag pile, if you dig through said pile you might actually find something cool. So far I’ve walked away with 2 pinatas, 1 mini pitcher, various pins/magnets, one mini martini glass, a giant belt buckle that proclaims “VIVA MEXICO” (yay tequila!) and various other (non-alcoholic) prizes. (insert twitter hashtag #WorkPerks here)
- The “Captain” is not much taller than me, although he looks like a giant in commercials
- I STILL don’t have one of those cool purple Crown Royal bags.
- Work this week made me very thirsty!
- I could have grabbed a ton of light up plastic ice cubes, but forgot when I was walking out of work. How cool would it be to have light up ice cubes. (OK, maybe not that cool.. but they were purple so it was still a win)
My job is actually kind of cool sometimes, but I think it’s mostly some of the people that make it cool. (^_~) I mean come on, you have to enjoy hearing older women talk about how “fun” they are when they drink *insert alcoholic beverage here*!!